The Louis Dreyfus Group is an international organization of companies
owned and controlled by Paris-based S.A. Louis Dreyfus & CIE. Since
its founding in 1851, the company has been wholly-owned by the
Our global reach has stretched into many industries around the globe
- from coffee and cotton to fibre optics and refining.
The Group has merchandised and traded bulk agricultural commodities in international markets for 150 years. Today, we're ranked among the world's leading merchant in many commodities, like:
- feed grains
- wheat, oilseeds and their by-products
- cocoa, coffee, sugar, rice
- ethyl alcohol
- crude oil and petroleum products
- natural gas and petrochemicals
- plastic resins and synthetic fibers
Our extensive oilseed crushing and refining operations in South America make us the third largest oilseed processor in the region. Here's a glimpse at the scope of our operations:
- the General Lagos crushing plant and port facility on Argentina's Parana River features deep-water access for large export vessels - a crushing capacity of 12,000 tons a day makes it as one of the largest and most efficient plants of its kind in the world
- oilseed crushing facilities in Brazil process over 8,000 tons a day, and have an additional daily oil refining capacity of over 600 tons
Shipping is a core business for the Group - with over 100 years of experience, we're one of the world's ten leaders in the bulk carrier industry.
- on an annual basis, Louis Dreyfus and world-wide affiliates handle about 45 million tons of cargo and 4 million cubic meters of liquefied natural gas
- other international activities include transportation of dry bulk, liquefied petroleum gas, chemicals and project and unitized cargoes
- our fleet of 40 ships are also involved in seismic research, offshore maritime engineering and transshipment in the open sea
Our German subsidiary owns and operates one of the newest, largest and lowest-cost oil refineries in Europe - an oil refinery in Wilhelmshaven with a daily capacity of over 220,000 barrels. Crude cargoes reach the facility through deep-water access from the North Sea. The Group also has affiliates in the United Kingdom, Belgium and France.
The Group holds a controlling interest in Louis Dreyfus Natural Gas, a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange that is one of the largest independent natural gas and crude oil exploration and production companies in the United States. Producing properties in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas and the Gulf of Mexico have reserves in excess of 1.3 trillion cubic feet equivalent.
Buying, selling, marketing and trading energy products - including electricity, natural gas and other fossil fuels - in the deregulating European energy markets is the business of EDF Trading, a U.K. joint venture with Electricité de France, which the Group holds shares in.
Louis Dreyfus Citrus, a public company listed on the Paris Bourse, is the third largest orange juice processor in the world - providing more than 10% of global production. Processing facilities in Brazil and Florida have a combined annual capacity of 70 million boxes of oranges.
Rice mills in Missouri and Arkansas together mill approximately 500,000 tons of rough rice a year.
The Group holds interests in companies that manufacture particleboard and related products for the furniture and construction industry, including:
- Brazil's largest manufacturer of particleboard with a capacity of 320,000 cubic meters - they also produce various chemicals such as formaldehyde, resins and other products for use in the manufacture of particleboard and laminates
- a particleboard manufacturer in Argentina has a production capacity of 380,000 cubic meters, and is also Argentina's leading methanol, formaldehyde and resins producer
- a manufacturer of fibreboard and particleboard flooring for residential and commercial applications throughout Argentina
Through LD Com, the Group develops and operates telecommunications infrastructures using fiber optic cable technology, and also provides network design, maintenance and equipment storage.
The Louis Dreyfus Property Group owns, develops, manages and operates properties in North America and Europe - including office buildings, one hotel and development sites in Washington, D.C., New York, Florida, Chicago, Montreal, Paris, London, and more. The portfolio contains close to seven million square feet of rentable and space to be developed.
Diversified Businesses include:
- a French Government securities and investment banking company
- Security Capital Group, Inc. that advises publicly traded real estate investment trusts
Kastle Systems, a provider of comprehensive security services to commercial office buildings
Addresses of all countries' offices, including Canada